|PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION
This position extracts, manages, analyzes and interprets data for various stakeholders, including local employers, payers and health care providers. The position is responsible for overall management of the Medical Home Registry database and associated reporting and analytics. The position is also responsible for preparing analyses of health care quality, processes, outcomes and costs for presentation to medical committees, medical home providers, employers and other audiences.
Duty 1: Oversees and operates the Patient Centered Medical Home electronic registry software application for the Patient Centered Medical Home. This includes expanding and optimizing registry functionality to support Medical Home operations, enrollment, projects and organizational structure now and as Medical Home program evolves. Ensure and monitor the integrity and accuracy of the data in the registry. Design and generate customized registry reports and alerts. Provide input to software vendor for software development to meet expanding medical home needs.
Duty 2: Produces analyses and reports from health data software system, the registry, electronic medical record data repository and other data sources. This involves combining data sets from different sources. Prepare analyses of healthcare quality, processes, outcomes and costs for presentation to medical committees, medical home providers, employers and other audiences for Medical Home Program and other programs and projects related to quality and cost.
Duty 3: Develops and produces individual physician and group practice profiles and bonus reports on quality and utilization performance for the Medical Home program and Employer Data Project (“EDOC”). This includes conceptualizing the analytical framework, evaluating, extracting, synthesizing and processing data and identifying appropriate reporting formats in order to transform data into actionable information. Verifies and ensures the accuracy, validity and integrity of data and of analyses.
Duty 4: Provides extensive data mining and report development support for clinical projects using SQL Server Management Tools and electronic medical record databases. Creates SQL reports by developing and using complex algorithms. This includes data extraction, data definitions, data alignment and integration across data sets, defining metrics and designing reports, as well as complex modeling. Verifies and ensures the accuracy of data mining.
Duty 5: Manages relationships with multiple data partners (payers, software vendor, third party health claims data administrators, pharmacy and vision plan administrators, and other parties) to define and facilitate data production for existing and new projects and to maintain data security. Oversees system definition, set up and maintenance with electronic registry and other software vendors. Identifies and directly pursues resolution of problems and opportunities for improvement of the software application with the vendor.
Duty 6: Trains others in registry use and reporting in group and individual settings. Acts as resource to and consults with the physician office sites, including problem solving and report writing, responding to requests in a timely and accurate manner. Conducts site visits to physician offices to evaluate and improve use of registry, monitors data integrity, and identifies opportunities for improving medical home processes.
Duty 7: Provides operational and administrative support to the Medical Home and care navigation programs including maintaining physician payment and medical home enrollment files; care navigation patient rosters and indicators; data downloads, scrubbing and uploads; reporting to third party administrators for benefits administration for education/participation benefits; preparation of physician bonus and educational mailings, etc.
Duty 8: Participates in the writing of analysis plans and reports for EDOC, Medical Home Program and other projects and programs. Documents analytical steps and processes used. Prepares the results of projects, programs and research for presentation and publication. Gathers and integrates a wide variety of healthcare-related information by telephone, Internet searches, and other means.
· Master’s Degree in information management, clinical informatics, healthcare administration, economics, statistics or epidemiology preferred. Bachelor’s degree in information management, health informatics, healthcare administration, economics or related field required.
· Excellent data management skills applied in health care or other similar data analysis projects, including experience producing data analyses for presentation.
· Excellent critical thinking and analytical skills. Ability to analyze and integrate multiple disparate data sets and develop analytical framework for using the data to address study questions and topics in healthcare quality and cost areas.
· Experience with healthcare registry software or database applications preferred.
· Experience with healthcare and pharmacy claims data, diagnosis and billing codes, and experience identifying and resolving data integrity issues preferred.
· Ability to use independent judgment and discretion about matters of significance.
· Expert level of expertise and proficiency with spreadsheet and database management software (SQL, Microsoft Excel and Access) for extensive manipulation and analysis of data, including graphic presentation of data, and writing functional reports that support daily operations in patient case management and other areas.
· Strong organizational skills and consistent attention to detail.
· Exercise of judgment and discretion in matters of confidentiality, including in relation to physician performance analysis.
· Coursework or experience in statistics preferred.
· Strong written and oral communication skills.
· Ability to work well independently and with others.
· High level of initiative; tolerance for long periods of data manipulation and analysis and multiple concurrent projects.
This position requires a full range of body motion with intermittent activities including typing and use of computer for extended periods, walking, sitting, climbing stairs, and standing. The associate must have corrected vision and hearing in the normal range. The individual must have excellent verbal communication skills to perform daily tasks.