The month of September is Accessibility Month at WCET (WICHE Cooperative for Educational Technologies). To recognize the importance of accessibility, WCET is offering several blogs and free webcasts on accessibility issues and Best Practices:
Free 60 Minute Webcasts:
- Video Captioning: Features, Costs, Good Practices, and How Captioning Benefits All Students will take place on September 10 at 1 PM EDT.
- Promoting a Culture of Accessibility for Online Students will take place on September 24 at 2 PM EDT.
- Accessibility for Edtech Across the Campus: Turning a Negative into a Positive will take place on September 29 at 2 PM EDT.
WCET’s Frontier’s Blog will also feature several blogs on accessibility:
- Jarret Cummings, Director of Policy and External Relations, EDUCAUSE, will write a post about the new accessibility legislation that he is working on with the National Federation for the Blind.
- Howard Kramer, Professional Research Assistant, University of Colorado Boulder, will blog about the why’s of accessibility.
To learn more, visit WCET’s website.