Archive for February, 2011
A Course Link is a shortcut to an area, a tool, or an item in Blackboard. Adding a link to a Content Area will provide students quick access points to relevant materials and tools.
To create a shortcut (link) to an area, a tool, or an item:
- Go to a Content Area where you want to add a link to an area, a tool, an item, or a file.
- Mouse over the “Build Content” area.
- Select the “Course Link” option.
- Click the “Browse” button to locate the area, the tool, the item, or the file.
- Fill in all the required fields.
- Click the “Submit” button.
In addition to receiving communication from the Office of Accessibility regarding students enrolled in a WebCT/Blackboard course that are in need of academic accommodations, instructors may also notice a student view account with the username “offacc.” This account is added for use by the Office of Accessibility to ensure that the requested academic accommodations have been made available to the student.
This account has the same access to your course as the students who need academic accommodations (time and half for tests, e-text etc.). Adaptive release settings for tests can be properly applied to the “offacc” account as well as to the students registered in the Office of Accessibility.
Should you have any question feel free to contact UTLV@utoledo.edu or 419 530 8835.