When the font size on a Windows machine is set to a size of 20 or greater, the scroll bars will disappear from the Full Grade Center view in Blackboard. To fix this issue without changing the font size:
WINDOWS XP ONLY:
- From your Desktop area, right-click on your desktop and choose Properties.
- Click on the Appearance tab, and then click the Advanced button to display the Advanced Appearance screen.
- Select Scrollbar from the pull-down menu and check the size setting. If greater than 20, change the size to 17 (system default setting) and click OK, then Apply.
- After changing the setting, open a new browser window and access the Full Grade Center. The horizontal scroll bar should now appear.
WINDOWS VISTA or WINDOWS 7:
- From your Start Menu, access Control Panel > Personalization > Window Color and click Advanced Appearance Settings.
- If you do not see Advanced Appearance Settings, access Control Panel > Personalization > Aero Themes > Windows 7 and then repeat step 1.
- Select Scrollbar in the pull-down menu, and set the value for Scrollbar size to 17 or less.
- After changing the setting, open a new browser window and access the Full Grade Center. The scroll bars should now appear.
For further questions or assistance, please contact Learning Ventures Support at UTLV@utoledo.edu or by phone at 419-530-8835.