All courses for spring 2013 have been created in Blackboard. Now they are available to you via myUT or this link https://blackboard.utdl.edu
The course shell for spring 2013 includes the following items on the left course menu:
- Start Here: This is a blank area in which you can place your course orientation materials to help your students get started with this course.
- Course News: The area contains four basic modules (Announcements, Calendar, To Do, and What’s New) that give information to users based on their enrollment and their role in the system. Students can navigate to individual items to take action.
- Public Area: This is the public area of your course. Any person throughout the world can access this area of your course site as a ‘Guest’ user! You can place your course syllabus and/or any other course information in this content area to share with prospective students and others interested in your course. Please ensure that the materials you post to this content area do not violate any copyright or privacy laws. For more information about the public area please watch the video tutorials on the Faculty Resources page.
- Learner Support: This area contains critical information about Online Learning tech support, Office of Accessibility, eLibrary services, eTutroing services, as well as browser requirements check and Blackboard video tutorials.
- Instructor Support: This area is only visible to instructors and it contains a list of tutorials on how to use Blackboard tools and other resources such as templates and quality matters standards.
Should you have any questions or need assistance feel free to contact UTLV@utoledo.edu or call 419 530 8835.
Instructional designers hold office hours in the Memorial Field House, Monday through Thursday this fall. Online instructors are welcome to stop by for an instructional design consultation or schedule an appointment with them to discuss Best Practices for online and blended learning courses.
Please visit LV blog for more tips and events throughout the semester at http://wordpress.utoledo.edu/learningventures/Check that site often–and subscribe to our RSS feed -http://wordpress.utoledo.edu/learningventures/feed/-to keep in touch with new developments and to be part of the discussion about excellence in online learning at UT.