Archive for October, 2015
A lecture on the Process and Role of Public Art in Scandinavia.
Tuesday 10 November and Thursday 12 November
Snyder Memorial, Room 2110
Presented by Inger Krog, Special Consultant for Visual Arts The Danish Arts Foundation, Ministry of Culture, Denmark
Topics will include:
- Cultural policy and practice in The Danish Arts Foundation
- How and by whom is art commissioned
- Differences between how state institutions and private curators function in the public art sphere
- Urban Planning and Urban Design
- Socially Engaged Art
- Conflict and/or Consensus – Mediating the public, artistic freedom, and institutions.
Ms. Krog appears as a guest of the Arts Diplomacy Course, Department of Art. For additional information please call The Department of Art at 419.530.8303