Archive for August, 2014
Learning Ventures is offering a series of online faculty development workshops, certificate courses, and technical training sessions for UT Faculty. All faculty and teaching assistants are invited to attend these sessions.
Sessions are offered in three different formats: face to face in our Memorial Field House training lab, online asynchronously via Blackboard Learn, and online synchronously via Blackboard Collaborate, our Web-conferencing platform.
Register for one or more sessions on the following topics:
- Accessible PDF Documents
- Accessible Word and PowerPoint Basic
- Accessible Word Documents Intermediate
- Alignment 101
- Applying the QM Rubric (a whole-day workshop)
- Blackboard Basics I
- Blackboard Basic II
- Blackboard Collaborates Basics
- Blackboard Collaborate Intermediate
- Blackboard: Creating Tests and Assignments
- Blackboard Grade Center
- Blackboard: Respondus
- Blogs and Journals for Reflective Learning
- Creating Accessible Blackboard Courses
- Designing an Online Module
- Designing Your Course Structure
- Getting Learners Started
- Introduction to Blended Learning
- Introduction to Online Teaching and Learning
- Item Analysis
- Online Delivery, Copyright, and You
- Online Teaching Certificate (a 4-week online course)
- Wikis for Collaborative Learning
- Writing Measurable Objectives
Space is limited. Register early.
There’s no substitute for experience! Your colleagues, who have experience meeting QM’s rigorous course design standards and implementing QM on their campuses, have valuable insights and experience to offer.
The QM Success Stories webinar on August 13 at 2:00 p.m. EDT/ 1:00 p.m. CDT/ 12:00 noon. MDT/ 11:00 a.m. PDT will feature Nicole Olsson-Dail, New Mexico State University – Carlsbad presenting “Quality Matters at NMSU-Carlsbad. Nicole will share her personal experiences implementing Quality Matters. She’ll also discuss NMSU-Carlsbad’s internal review process, accreditation success, and future implementation plans.
Register now as space is limited to the first 100 registrants. QM Success Stories are FREE and are for QM subscribers only. You can register once and share the screen with colleagues. (When prompted for a payment option select Invoice, payment will reflect a cost of $0)
Can’t make it? All QM Success Stories will be recorded and available to subscribers after the session.