Archive for June, 2015
This workshop will be conducted online via Moodle, a learning management platform. Participants will complete all course activities anywhere anytime with a computer connected to the Internet during the two weeks. Participants will be notified via email a week before the online course starts with login information.
This workshop will explore the Quality Matters Project and Processes and will prepare you to be part of an initiative that positively impacts the design of online/blended courses and ultimately, student learning and success.
QM is designed to improve the quality of online and blended courses by establishing a peer-reviewed quality assurance review process. You will become familiar with the Quality Matters standards and participate in a practice peer course review of an online course using the review tools. Participants in this hands-on workshop can be online/blended instructors, instructional designers, and/or faculty members & faculty developers. After successfully completing this workshop, you will be eligible to move into the Online Peer Reviewer Certification. In addition, you will gain ideas to improve your own courses using the QM Standards.
Upon completion of this workshop, you will be able to:
- Identify the underlying principles of QM. (Recognize key QM underlying principles and concepts.)
- Identify the critical elements of the QM quality assurance program, including the QM Rubric, materials, processes, and administrative components.
- Apply the 5th QM Rubric to review online courses.
- Make decisions on whether the SPCH 1113 course meets selected QM Rubric standards.
- Apply the concept of alignment.
- Write helpful recommendations for course improvement by citing annotations from the QM Rubric and evidence from the course.
Registration/cancellation deadline is Friday, July 10, 2015. To register for the course, visit Learning Ventures Faculty Development Opportunities. For more information about QM please visit Learning Ventures website and the Quality Matters section on our Faculty Resource Center. More sessions of this workshop are available to our faculty members; please check out Ohio QM Consortium training calendar for registration information.