Physiology and Pharmacology honors faculty and studentsSeptember 1st, 2016
The Department of Physiology and Pharmacology recently honored outstanding faculty and students at its annual retreat. Department Chair Bina Joe, Ph.D., handed out the awards.
The following awards were handed out to faculty:
- Department Service faculty award: Dr. Guillermo Vazquez
- Faculty Recognition award: Dr. Jennifer Hill
- Best Faculty Publication award: Dr. John Turner
- Outstanding Junior Faculty award: Dr. Nitin Puri
- Faculty Innovator award: Dr. Terry Hinds
The following awards were handed out to students:
- Outstanding Outgoing Student award: Harshal Waghulde
- Best Student Publication award: Mengjie “Emma” Wang
- Good Samaritan student award: Sravan Kumar Perla
- Student Leader award: Sumeet Solanki
Members of the department’s GradStairs program, a graduate student leadership group, also passed the torch — literally — to the next set of leaders.