Archive for the ‘Transportation incident’ Category
Hit & Run: At least 38 people were killed and 13 others injured in northern Haiti after a bus plowed into a festival crowd before dawn SundayMonday, March 13th, 2017
A freight train crashed into a bus full of Texas tourists visiting Gulf Coast casinos, killing four in Biloxi, Mississippi; Forty injured, 7 critically.Wednesday, March 8th, 2017
New Orleans: A pickup truck driven by a suspected drunk driver plowed into a crowd of spectators at a parade Saturday night, injuring at least 28 peopleSunday, February 26th, 2017
- 21 were transported by ambulance to seven area hospitals: University Medical Center, Tulane Medical Center, Tulane Lakeside, Touro Hospital, East Jefferson General Hospital, Ochsner Main Hospital, and Ochsner Baptist Hospital.
- Seven people declined treatment
- The victims range in age from 3 or 4-years-old to adults in their 30s and 40s
- New Orleans Police Department Chief Michael Harrison said one person is in custody and he is being investigated for driving while intoxicated.
- Police do not suspect terrorism.
Taiwan: A bus appeared to lose control as it was navigating a long curve on the exit ramp and flipped over the barrier on the right side of the road and at least 33 are dead.Tuesday, February 14th, 2017
Italy: 16 badly burned bodies were pulled from the wreckage, when a bus crashed and caught fire in Italy while carrying Hungarian teenagers home from a school trip.Saturday, January 21st, 2017
— VigilFuoco Veneto (@vvfveneto) January 21, 2017