Archive for the ‘Transportation incident’ Category
“….In New York, platforms were packed and riders were stuck underground in the dark when an outage in Midtown Manhattan backed up trains all over the city Friday morning, Gov. Andrew Cuomo said a Con Edison equipment failure knocked out signals, escalators, communications and lights at the station……”
A man drove a stolen beer truck into a crowd of people in a popular shopping district in Stockholm on Friday afternoon and then rammed it into a department store, killing four people and injuring 15 othersFriday, April 7th, 2017
Texas: At least 12 people were killed and three others injured in a head-on crash Wednesday between a church bus and pickup truck.Thursday, March 30th, 2017
Hit & Run: At least 38 people were killed and 13 others injured in northern Haiti after a bus plowed into a festival crowd before dawn SundayMonday, March 13th, 2017
A freight train crashed into a bus full of Texas tourists visiting Gulf Coast casinos, killing four in Biloxi, Mississippi; Forty injured, 7 critically.Wednesday, March 8th, 2017
New Orleans: A pickup truck driven by a suspected drunk driver plowed into a crowd of spectators at a parade Saturday night, injuring at least 28 peopleSunday, February 26th, 2017
- 21 were transported by ambulance to seven area hospitals: University Medical Center, Tulane Medical Center, Tulane Lakeside, Touro Hospital, East Jefferson General Hospital, Ochsner Main Hospital, and Ochsner Baptist Hospital.
- Seven people declined treatment
- The victims range in age from 3 or 4-years-old to adults in their 30s and 40s
- New Orleans Police Department Chief Michael Harrison said one person is in custody and he is being investigated for driving while intoxicated.
- Police do not suspect terrorism.
Taiwan: A bus appeared to lose control as it was navigating a long curve on the exit ramp and flipped over the barrier on the right side of the road and at least 33 are dead.Tuesday, February 14th, 2017
Italy: 16 badly burned bodies were pulled from the wreckage, when a bus crashed and caught fire in Italy while carrying Hungarian teenagers home from a school trip.Saturday, January 21st, 2017
— VigilFuoco Veneto (@vvfveneto) January 21, 2017